How to use RooiHub
- Go to http://www.apexdc.net/ and click on "Download for free".
- Click on "ApexDC++ - Installer" and wait a few seconds for the download to start and finish.
- Doubleclick on the file you just downloaded from the internet.
- Follow the steps to install Apex.
- Open ApexDC++. If windows firewall ask you a question to allow something, say yes or agree or whatever to allow it.
- Click on the yellow star at the top. (Favourite Hubs)
- Click in the boxes next to all the entries in the list to remove the tickmarks.
- Click on new, hub name "Rooihub", address "localhost:13000" and click OK.
- Click on new again, hub name "Chathub", address "localhost:14000" and OK.
- Add tickmarks next to Rooihub and Chathub
- Go to settings.
- Under general, type in a unique nickname for yourself.
- Under sharing select something to share, like you downloads folder.
- Under connection settings, incoming connections on "0.0.0.0", "enable automatic incoming connection detection", "Direct connection".
- Close apex
- Go to http://www.jpmeijers.com/network/Rooihub/RooiHub-latest-exe-only.exe and a download will start.
- Doubleclick on the file you just downloaded. If windows asks if you want to add firewall exceptions, or allow the program to make conenctions, or anything like that, ALLOW IT!
- ApexDC should open on its own now. If it does not, open it up again now.
Chat, Search and download
You will see two tabs open in ApexDC now. The one is called RooiHub where you can see people you can download from. The other one called Chathub is a campuswide chatroom. You can not download from people on the Chathub.
Click on the magnifying glass at the top. A search tab will open. Type a name of a film or series and click on "Search". After a short while a list of all available files will be shown. Doubleclick on a file to download it.
Use the same steps as for windows, but run both Apex and RooiHub in wine. You can also use Eiskalt or LinuxDCPP in the place of Apex.